Brenton, twin brother of Brandon and younger brother of Kenneth, graduated as a STAR student with Honors from Our Mother of Mercy Catholic School in 2004. He received the Esto Dux Award for scholarship, leadership and service to his school. Brenton attended Calvary Christian Academy for his high school years and graduated with his twin brother Brandon in 2008 with Honors where he also received the English Scholars award. He was a member of the Senior National Honor Society, Young Leaders of America, and National Society of High School Scholars. Brenton graduated Cum Laude from Texas Wesleyan University with a degree in Criminal Justice. He received his Masters of Science May 2016 from Texas Christian University. He received membership into the Golden Key International Honor Society.
Here’s what President Fred Slabach of Texas Wesleyan University has to say about Brenton:
“Brenton isn’t focused on just getting a college degree. He’s focused on getting an education. He truly understands the value of learning beyond the classroom. When he’s not busy working at his campus job, where he has become a trusted member of our advancement office, he’s active in half a dozen programs and organizations. We pride ourselves on engaging educators, but active involved students are just as crucial. Brenton is leveraging his time at Texas Wesleyan for all its worth to prepare for graduate school, a successful career, and a meaningful and rewarding life. It’s clear that his values and aspirations have taken a leading role in his life, and we couldn’t be more proud that he is one of our students.”
His accomplishments upon graduating from TWU are listed below.
- Dean’s list for two years, 4.0 average (straight A semester)
- Vice President of Student Government Association
- President of Alpha Phi Sigma Criminal Justice Honor Society
- Texas Wesleyan Presidential Ambassador
- Mortar Board – the premier national honor society recognizing college seniors for achievements in scholarship, leadership & service.
- Phi Gamma Mu-International Honor Society in Social Sciences
- Golden Shears Award – second highest award at Texas Wesleyan, recognizing students for their academic and extracurricular leadership and positive impact on the campus.